(Senior) Digital Designer (f/m/d)
We are a CleanTech Company Builder in Berlin and explore innovations & business models at the interface of energy, environment, mobility, climate action and digital technology. XCNT spins off the most promising business models as independent ventures.
As (Senior) Digital Designer (m/f/d) you'll help our projects & ventures with the development of digital products. Your activites are centered around our users: You approach the understanding of their problems and challenges in an experimental and structured way. Based on your understanding of the problems, you design user experiences and functional, attractive interfaces. You manage to create a balance between business strategy, technology and user experience.
Your core tasks:
- You conduct user research and design experiments to validate and falsify hypotheses - balancing effort and benefit.
- You translate product requirements into design concepts for digital B2B products (sometimes also B2C): from the idea to a solid and concrete solution.
- Thereby, you combine all components into one remarkable user experience that is easy to follow.
- You take ownership of the product design within an interdisciplinary team. You plausify and present important design choices.
- Therefore, you create design artifacts and specifications with a high level of detail to communicate your interaction and design ideas to developers, product owners, and venture developers.
- You implement simple websites yourself, for example with Webflow.
- You see yourself as an advocate of the principles of good design in all phases of idea and product development.
Our modern office is located in Berlin-Mitte at Alexanderplatz. There you work with great people on topics with real relevance. We support you in your personal development and in expanding your skills, e.g. through coaching and participation in events & conferences. And of course there are free drinks.
- You have at least 3 years experience as a UX designer, UI designer, product designer or similar.
- You graduated from university, ideally in the field of User Experience Design. But we are also open for other courses of study.
- You can convince us with your portfolio of reference products from B2C and B2B and demonstrate your approach to the challenge, the communication of your ideas through design artifacts and the cleverness of your solutions.
- You have an above-average interest in digital technology, CleanTech, the energy and mobility revolution and climate protection.
- You are able to understand and visualize even complex, technical contexts with confidence.
- Juggling several priorities (multi-project assignment) is easy for you.
- You have experience with a variety of prototyping and design tools (We rely on FIGMA & Webflow).
- You have excellent communication skills in English and in German.
- Experience in applying atomic design techniques and building and maintaining design libraries is a plus.